
Everyone fights for a turn to hold our sweet little Milo. Especially Ashton. Rob appointed Ashton as the "body guard" of the baby and Ashton takes his job seriously. He wants to do everything for the baby.


Milo's blonde hair gets lots of comments. I especially love his long white eyelashes and his white eyebrows. Oh yeah and the fuzz on his cheeks and shoulders, and his soft skin, and his sweet new baby smell, and all the baby noises he makes, and his breath, and the way he snuggles into my neck...


Mara wanted her baby to be in the picture too.

Mara slipped on the tile in the kitchen. We're on week three of the massive bruise on her cheek. Poor baby.

Mara always wants to hold the baby. When we place him on her lap and then keep our hands there for support, she tells us to move our hands. She is surprisingly gentle and loving with him. She is always concerned that he is happy and when he cries she is right there to soothe him.
Here are Milo's stats from his check-up last week (2 weeks):
6 lb 13 oz
20"
My kids have all been super healthy and I always enjoy a glowing review from the pediatrician during their check ups. It always makes me feel so good. So when I took Milo for his two week check up, I was expecting to hear how beautiful he is and how healthy. You know, good job to me for producing such a fantastic specimen of a baby. But I was disappointed.
Milo is very healthy, but he is not gaining weight like he should be. So I took him back this week to weigh him. His current weight is 7 lbs 2 oz. Much better, but still not back to birth weight. Obviously the constant breast feeding is not producing the desired results. There's nothing to do, though, but just keep on keeping on. I'm not sure how to produce breast milk with more fat in it. Maybe if I eat a lot of ice cream? I might just have to give it a try. You know, for the baby.
7 comments:
He is so incredibly beautiful! Not that I'm surprised. You should eat ice cream!!! It's for the baby!
Oh, and way to go you! Producing such a fine specimen of a baby!!!
He really is so sweet and cute. You forget how pure they are at that age. I love his blonde hair also.
Look at that little dumpling! Oh, he is so cute! His soft hair? Precious. I love the pictures of the kids holding him, too. That's so sweet - and must be so nice for you.
Yes, I found that ice cream works well. Particularly this milkshake:
breyer's vanilla ice cream
2 cubes of ice
1 banana
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 TBSP peanut butter
milk
Three times a day should do the trick.
He is so cute! As soon as I'm better, I want to come see him (and everyone else, course).
I feel your pain with slow weight gain. Lucy has been hovering around the bottom of the percentiles and at the last visit dropped below 1%. I did feel like I was somehow failing - especially while I was breast feeding.
I guess we can't all be like Chelsea. :)
I'm sure he's healthy - and he is absolutely adorable. Those little expressions are priceless. Hope you are doing well.
You DO produce lovely babies. He looks like a doll, literally! (And I loved the ice cream thing. Go for it! Wink, wink!)
Post a Comment