Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Boo!

Here's Mara with her little friend at their dance class Halloween party. Mara = "kitty cat"
Ashton and his friend at the school parade. As you can see, Ashton is by far the tallest kid in his class. Ashton = zombie (which is interesting because at our house, we've had a few sleepless nights due to his fear of zombies)
Mara was a little unsure about all the kids/teachers wearing costumes. She was afraid of the school mascot - an eagle. He tried to high five her and she wouldn't give him the time of day.
Alex at the school parade. Alex's costume was a black shirt, skeleton gloves and vampire teeth. Rob and I tried to persuade him to dress up, but he wouldn't.
Lion cub. Isn't he so cute? I just love this little guy.

Getting ready for trick-or-treating. Mara didn't want to go at all, but Rob took her to about 3 houses. Then she was done.
Zombie Ashton getting ready for trick-or-treating.
Alex came up with another accessory to his costume. A plastic butter knife that he painted red with "blood".
Here they are enjoying their candy. Halloween was toned WAY down this year. It wasn't as fun for me, but they still had a good time. I realized that my kids can have a fun holiday with a LOT less effort on my part. Lesson learned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that milo in one of his pictures he's doing the blue steel look.
just sayin

Chelsea said...

I'm dying over each one of these costumes, for different reasons. Mara is so cute, I love thinking of her ignoring that mascot! I love Alex's "costume" (Halloween is so lame, so why go to the trouble??). Ashton - conquering his fears of the ZOMBIE. And little Milo, edible as a bear cub. SH, so precious!

Halloween was pretty subdued here this year too, and I definitely plan to keep it that way. Not a holiday to expend a whole lot of effort, for sure!

Ash and Amber Devine said...

Are you sure that Ashton's classmates aren't all just abnormally short? I'm pretty sure that most of the kids here are. Way to go you!

Ash and Amber Devine said...

And by way to go you, I mean on all of the effort. Our trick or treaters this year were chav mums showing off their babies.