Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Spring Update

We've been to endless sporting events this spring. For the most part it has been cold rainy and miserable, but the kids have had fun. We're all getting burned out on sports, though, so we're anxious for the season to be over. Ashton had his last soccer game last week (yay!) Here he is as goalie extraordinaire. He loved playing soccer this year.



Mara loved running around during their games.
All Ashton really cares about when it comes to sports is the snack after each game and the trophy. Here he is with his pride and joy. Rob was the coach for Ashton's soccer team this year, which Ashton thought was awesome.
Here's Alex at his soccer game. He has one more game this week and then he's done with soccer, too. His games are actually competitive this year so they're a lot more fun to watch.
He's a good little soccer player.
Here's Ashton at his baseball game. He has one more to go.
Rob told Mara she looks like Fancy Nancy in these sunglasses and now she won't take them off.
Ashton got a hit! (from the coach, not the tee)
Rob and Mara in Idaho. We took a little family trip to Rob's parents cabin this past weekend. It was nice to get away and spend some time together, although it was cold and rainy while we were there.

Alex feeding the ducks

Oh I love these two boys!
Over Mother's Day weekend I flew with Mara to New York and surprised my Mom and Dad. It was really fun - they had no idea I was coming. I just showed up on their doorstep. Here is Mara with my Mom at the Joseph Smith farm house.
Emily, Mara and me at the Hill Cumorah. It was super windy/rainy/cold so we just snapped a quick picture before we ran back to the car.
Mom, Dad, Mara - Mara never gets to see grandparents, so she loved all the attention she got.
cowgirl princess
I love these three!
Every morning the kids come snuggle with us in bed. They always get really silly and wiggly and force us out because we are being climbed all over. It starts off sweet, though...

1 comment:

Amber said...

I cannot believe how big your kids are. I know that they keep growing up and all, but in my mind, they are always little. My mind is wrong! They are so cute!!! And look at Ashton's skinny legs in his soccer uniform! Craziness!