Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving (and other random stuff)

Poor Dasha. She has to wear the cone again. We got her back from the groomer yesterday and she was so nice and clean and fluffy. Also, she had a scratched cornea. She is seriously the most pathetic creature I have ever seen right now. She was laying on the floor just shaking, but then she started swiping at her eye with her paw so I had to put the cone on her. Once I put the cone on her she wouldn't lay down, so she just stood there looking at me and shaking. She was trembling so hard that the little bell they put on her at the groomer's was jingling. Now I have to give her a pill twice a day and put eyedrops in her eye four times a day. I would normally be annoyed, but it's hard to feel anything but pity for her right now.
We went to Rodizio Grill (at Trolley Square) for Thanksgiving this year. We had a really good time, and the kids loved trying all the different kinds of meat. Isaac came with us, but didn't get in the picture.




Mara was loving on Alex the whole time. She had her arm around him and kept patting him on the back. Alex, of course, was in heaven. He absolutely adores Mara and loves getting any kind of attention from her.
Ashton loved chicken hearts. I know - disgusting! He loved them so much that the server brought him his own little plate. He said "I am the master of chicken hearts".


I put this video up mostly for my Mom. I always try to get Mara to sing for her on the phone, but Mara never does. Mara sings all day long. I love hearing her sweet little voice in the background of whatever I'm doing. She was singing to herself as she was eating lunch, but of course as soon as I pulled out the camera she got shy.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness, that video of Mara is so precious! I love her voice! Could it be any sweeter?

And nice work on the Thanksgiving dinner. Very smart way to go. (As always, Ashton cracks me up with his sayings.)