Thursday, May 28, 2009

take me out to the ball game

Our lives have been consumed by baseball since the beginning of April. Ashton is playing this year (he has an awesome coach - Rob) as well as Alex.

Once the season started, I remembered why after last year I said that we were done with baseball. It's so busy! We have games almost every night of the week, and practice every Saturday. This league is a lot more competetive than I think is necessary, but the boys have fun. They don't seem to be upset by the yelling coaches (of the other teams - we're lucky to have nice coaches) and the crazy parents. We have our last games next week. The boys are sad that it's almost over. I am SO glad that it's almost over. Fortunately Alex's team wasn't very good and didn't make it to the play-offs.

Ashton in action. He wasn't doing very well hitting or throwing until we realized that he's left-handed in sports - like Rob.



We live in such a beautiful area. The parks they play baseball at are gorgeous!

Mara is cheering for Ashton. We taught her to say go Ashy, which comes out like "goo goo goo Ash - eee".
Alex up to bat. He's a good little batter.

I've worked really hard over the past five years with these two. I want them to love each other and be best friends. I've started to see some of the fruits of my labors lately. These two are inseperable. They are best little buds and it makes me so happy.

3 comments:

Marnie said...

I hear ya- enough of baseball already! Joey's in a competetive league this year for the first time and it's really thrown off our nightly routine, bedtimes, etc. with 4 events a week! It's just too much if you ask me. That's cool that Ashton plays sports left-handed. And I'm glad the boys are best buds. They're so cute! Love that last picture.

Marnie said...

p.s. Whenever we see a little boy running it reminds us of Alex P. Keaton (what we call your Alex). Does he still like to do that a lot?

Chelsea said...

Exhausting! :) But so cute about the boys loving each other. I'm looking forward to that day. There is a lot of front-loaded work and it's hard sometimes to be patient. But it's good to hear there is a payoff at some point. Keepin' my hope alive, Erin...