Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day this year was wonderful, as always. Rob kept the kids quiet in the morning so I could “sleep in” until 8:00 (9:00 church doesn’t really allow much sleeping in). He got the boys ready for church and took them with him (he has to go early). He gave me some really nice gifts and beautiful flowers. I was treated to a special dinner made in my honor. I was loved and appreciated all day. I even got to take a 2 hour nap! Perfect.

What I really loved, though, were the gifts from my boys. For weeks now they’ve been talking about Mother’s Day. They were very secretive and hid lots of things under their bed. I was told repeatedly not to look – “it’s a surprise”.

As soon as I was awake on Sunday morning they burst into my room and poured their treasures on my bed. They are treasures, too. Homemade cards and pictures. “Gifts” they made at school. These are the things I truly treasure. I will keep them always and pull them out and remember when my boys were little.

I love my kids so much. I’m grateful to be a mom! It’s such a hard and thankless job, but at the same time it’s enriching, empowering and rewarding. My children are so small and precious and I treasure the time I spend with them.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

That is so sweet, Erin. I loved reading that. I can't wait until Henry can write to me. Super super cute. (And I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day because you deserve it.)