Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ode to piano practicing

Since August, when Milo was born, Alex has had to practice the piano on his own most of the time. This makes him really frustrated because he likes to have moral support when learning new songs. Practicing has become really frustrating to him, a black mark on the whole day. He especially hates practicing scales. I don't get it. Scales are the easy part, but whatever.

Today while I was doing some laundry I found this poem. It had fallen behind the dryer and was sticking out. Oh Alex. He makes me laugh. If this is his outlet for expressing frustration and anger, then good for him.

I love how he just gives up in the last line of the poem and writes the words in bigger letters. There's just nothing else that can be done with scales. We may as well just throw them away today!

1 comment:

Carly-Barly said...

Awesome! Cute pictures, and it's kind of depressing me that I've never met this one. Alex is a poet?! Awesome, just awesome!