Friday, February 18, 2011

"Mom can I do extra jobs when I get home from school?"

Here are a few phrases we've heard at our house lately:
Can I make my bed?
Excuse me. I need to go do the dishes.
Can I do extra jobs?

Here's why:
www.myjobchart.com

We've been doing it for the past week and it has been fantastic! My kids have always had jobs to do, but now they keep track of them all by themselves. Ashton has really embraced this. He has gotten all his work done before school so he can play right when he gets home.

They are saving up the points they earn to buy special prizes. I woke up this morning to the sounds of the dishwasher being unloaded (by Ashton) and to Alex practicing the piano. Heaven.

5 comments:

Carly-Barly said...

holy crap! that's awesome...

Head Robot said...

No fair Erin. You cannot use mind-controlling drugs on your kids.
ha ha ha

That's awesome, what great parenting skills!
Rum

Chelsea said...

That's so cool! Thanks for the link...

Amy said...

So funny that you shared this because my kiddos have been walking around the house asking, "Can I do anything else?" And it's in reference to chores, too! I ♥ summer.

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you reminded me of this! I'm working on summer chores charts right now and I'll be checking out that link!
Such cute pictures of the kids and fabulous Valentine's Day idea! What a fun mom you are!