Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Island Park

The beautiful and serene Snake river
Rob, Ashton and Erin at the top of the old look out tower.

Here is the look out tower - it's taller than it looks in this picture. It's old and rickety and kind of scary.

Here is my crazy brother repelling down the look out tower.

Hiking along coffee pot rapids

Ashton at the grizzly bear and wolf discovery center. This is a really cool place. If you're ever at West Yellowstone, I recommend going there.

The kiddos at the Johnny Sack cabin at Big Springs. Yes. They're open.

The boys had been talking about this all boy backpacking trip with their cousins for the past year. Here they are all ready to go. It was right about this time that it started raining. Hard.
On the trail.
Here they are leaving the next morning. Gorgeous!
more of Ashton meditating
The boys shoes did not survive. They were put to rest after this trip. I couldn't help laughing when I saw Ashton's shoes. Very clever to use duct tape.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mike and I were just enjoying these pictures together! You guys are so lucky to live that close to the cabin. That picture of you guys on the lookout tower is so pretty. We like Rob's glasses. Mara = breathtaking. Ashton is hilarious, as always. Love the duct tape and the goggles and the meditation. He's a riot!

Amy said...

Love the duct taped shoes! Makes me nostalgic for PJS Reunions ... :(