Saturday, March 14, 2009

sad kids

First, a few disclaimers. These pictures were taken on a Saturday morning, and none of us looked our best. Second, yes - that is our garbage by the front door. I added that picture because it shows the culprit. So now, the story.

I took Ashton to the store with me a few Saturdays ago. The nice people at the store gave Ashton a balloon. It was green - his favorite color. He was ecstatic. As soon as we got home he dashed into the bathroom leaving his balloon unattended. Mara quickly grabbed it and started playing with it. Ashton protested (dramatically) saying that she would pop it. I reassured him, telling him she wouldn't pop it. About two seconds later our puppy popped the balloon. Mara was beside herself because of the loud noise (and probably because of the rabid puppy pouncing all over her) and Ashton was beside himself because his beloved balloon was destroyed. Such sadness. Fortunately Joseph was there to capture the moment for us.




1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love that I can see the tears in the pictures. Those kids are so precious and the tragedy of the balloon is one of those great funny/very sad/very funny moments.