Wednesday, November 12, 2008

cruisin' the caribbean

To celebrate our 10th anniversary and my 30th birthday Rob and I took a Caribbean cruise. It was sooo much fun! I love being with Rob. We missed our kids terribly, but we really had a wonderful time being together. Thank you thank you thank you Mom for watching our kids. (and to Joseph and Kelsi for providing back up support)

Phoenix
We had an 8 1/2 hour layover in Phoenix. We didn't plan it that way, the airline kept changing our flight time. It was originally supposed to be a 2 hour layover. Anyway, we didn't want to sit around in the airport so we rented a car and drove out to Thunderbird. It was so much fun to walk around the campus. We drove to our old apartments, too. Good times.




St. Thomas
This is Magen's Bay. Isn't it gorgeous? Crystal blue warm water, the sun shining in the skies. We just relaxed on the beach.




Sunset at St. Thomas



Dominica:
Not our favorite place, although it was really beautiful. It rained really hard for a few hours in the morning, so we got soaked. We took a tour into the rain forest, where we saw these waterfalls.

Grenada:
We did some snorkeling and just hung out at this beautiful beach. Then we went to the spice markets for some local spices.

getting back on the ship at Grenada - ours was the one on the left

Bonaire:
One of our favorite places. We took a water taxi to this little island called Kleine Bonaire. It was so beautiful. They had an incredible reef around the shoreline. We saw two sea turtles along with countless other tropical fish. It was amazing.



Aruba:
We rented this scooter in Aruba and scooted all over the island. Aruba is desert-y, with cacti and such, but the beach was beautiful. We did more snorkeling and saw lots of fish and coral.








Puerto Rico:
We had a day in San Juan after our cruise was over. We went to some old forts right along the coast and hung out in old San Juan. That night there was an outdoor festival, which was really fun. We sampled some local food and listened to music.






6 comments:

Mrs. B said...

So fun! You guys look great!
Which island (or islands) was your favorite? I'm trying to figure out a fun trip for us to take next year.
We went to Puerto Rico for a week earlier this year and had a great time.

Chelsea said...

Erin I'm sooooooo jealous of you guys! These pictures are gorgeous. It looks like you had such a great time and you totally deserve it. You both look relaxed and happy (and fit!). Thanks for posting.

Amy said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! What a fun trip! I have a deep fear of cruises and that I'll get sea-sick; I'm very prone to motion sickness. I love the shot of you lying on the beach in your black bathing suit. Look at you: mother of three, 30 and fabulous!

Marnie said...

I'm jealous! Wow you guys made a lot of stops-- all beautiful places! I hope you took advantage of the 7-course meals and midnight buffets. :) Happy Anniversary to you!

A said...

Erin, you are a hot mama 30 year old! I'm jealous of your fun, warm cruise.

ashleymhc said...

What a fun trip guys! It looks beautiful.