Friday, February 06, 2009

Draper Temple


From where we live we can see three temples! The beautiful new Draper temple, the Jordan River temple and the new temple they're building out west. Whenever we go somewhere, I feel the need to point this out to my children, to which Ashton always says "huh" in a really bored tone and then really enthusiastically says "look, there's Ikea". I secretly think this is kind of funny, but obviously we have the wrong emphasis.

Today we had the opportunity to go to the Draper temple open house. It was wonderful to have all my children in the temple with me and to be able to talk about the temple with them and why it is so important to me personally and to our family.

When we were done I asked the kids what their favorite part was. Alex said it was the cookies. Then he said just kidding, it was the mirrors in the sealing room. Ashton said he liked the sparkling diamonds on the lights (the beautiful chandeliers). Mara said dada, which doesn't really mean anything, except that she loves her daddy.

I am so grateful for the temple, that we have so many so close to us, and for the opportunity I had to take my family there today!
To learn more about the temple click here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a lovely temple! And what a blessing to have so many options so close by ... our nearest temple is a four-hour drive, which makes going to the temple an all day affair.