Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Update


We had a fun time skiing. Well, as much fun as you can have with two kids in the freezing cold (it was 14 degrees when we pulled into the parking lot - and windy). It was Ashton's first time and he was awesome! He fell down once and started crying "I guess I'm not a great skier after all".

The boys looking at the Reindeer at Thanksgiving Point.

Mara all bundled up. She hates wearing her coat.

This probably isn't the best picture of Alex, but it does show his cute gap-toothed grin.

Alex got to play the piano at the Festival of Trees this year. He played We Wish You A Merry Christmas and he did an excellent job. He played perfectly and wasn't even nervous to have all those people watching. Rob stayed home with Mara (she was napping) and Ashton was at school, so it was just Alex and me. We had a fun time together looking at all the trees.

Attempted Christmas card photo. We used a self timer and a tripod this year. For some reason, Christmas card photos stress me out from October until December.

2 comments:

Brady & Sherry Jones said...

I so agree with you about Christmas Cards. I decided to not send one out this year given a new baby and a move. I'm still working on birth announcements!

Marnie said...

I LOVE Ashton's funny sayings on the side panel! So cute. I hear ya- family pictures are stressful. That's a cute one though. Way to go at the Festival of Trees, Alex! And way to brave the cold skiing. One of my least favorite memories ever is taking Joey skiing for the first (and only so far) time. Sounds like the boys did great!